This afternoon we took our learning experience outside the classroom with an action packed trip to San Jose, the capitol of Costa Rica! Our adventure began with a crowded bus ride to the capitol. When we arrived, we were instantly greeted with the rich history the city had to offer. The architecture in San Jose was heavily influenced by European countries such as Spain, Italy, Germany, France, and England. On our way to lunch we passed THE post office of Costa Rica. We also walked through "avendia central" or "central avenue", the heart of San Jose. The streets were packed with people and hundreds of venders trying to sell us everything from lottery tickets and burned CDs to clothes and snacks. We ate lunch at 'Casano Tipico', a peaceful escape from the bustling streets of San Jose. After lunch we visited 'El Teatro Nacional' or 'The National Theatre' which was very beautiful and decorated with works of art that dated back hundreds of years. It was a wonderful learning experience and I hope I can visit the city one last time before I return to the states.










No comments:
Post a Comment